Two summers ago we did a short mini-vacation to San Antonio with friends for a Texas History adventure. We stayed near the riverwalk for 2 nights. I was in charge of our itinerary. And now that summer is fast approaching, I thought I would share our itinerary to inspire others who want a quick roadschooling adventure in San Antonio.
Here is what we did:
- Rio San Antonio Cruises River Tours
- Briscoe Western Art Museum (a short walk from River Tour, on the Riverwalk, and was free the day we went)
- San Antonio Fire Museum (neat place, next to Alamo and our hotel)
- Towers of the Americas (a short walk from the Riverwalk)
- San Antonio Missions National Historical Park (junior ranger program available)
Here were our back-up options (in case it was too hot or raining):
- Battle for Texas Experience
- Ripley’s Haunted Adventure, Guinness World Records, and Tomb Raider 3D
- Ripley’s Odditorium, Wax Works, and 4D theater
- Witte Museum
- The DoSeum
The Alamo has free educational resources:
Battle for Texas Experience has free educational resources:
Hopefully, this list will inspire you to explore more of the areas within San Antonio. Remember, this list is not exhaustive but just enough for a quick trip. Travel is a great educational tool; go explore!